Thursday, January 14, 2010

1st Time Blogger


I never thought about writing a blog before but for some reason all of a sudden today I thought why not create one. I guess I just wanted to create a blog for me to express my feelings, my life, and my ideas here where it's more private than lets say myspace or facebook. There won't be a bunch of my friends viewing this. It's more of a semi private online journal for me I guess. I haven't written a journal or diary since I was probably in elementary school and I'm 21 now. It's a good idea to start now since it seems a lot of new things are coming my way. I was born and raised in New York City. About 2 years ago I moved to L.A., California for school attending the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM - school from "The Hills" and "Project Runway"). I recently graduated from my AAS degree in fashion design a few months ago. Since then I have been interning at a fashion house called "Melinda Eng". She is such an amazing designer an such a nice person. Unfortunately I have to quit in about 2 weeks because next month I will be attending FIT in New york city for my BA degree so I wouldn't be able to go in for work. I really wanted to continue working there but since I'm in the accelerated program I am taking 6 classes 5 days a week. Hopefully I will be able to work with her again in the future. It's a shame but it has been my dream to attend FIT since I was probably 12 years old. I grew up in between the fashion industry and the law industry. But ever since I was 12 years old I knew I wanted to do fashion. My dad and several relatives worked in the fashion industry while my mom and several relatives worked in the law industy. But as a kid while other kids were playing in the play grounds hanging off the monkey bars I was playing with my brother in my dad's clothing factory hanging off the huge clothing racks... running around. Since I was a little kid my mom already started teaching me how to dress, do my hair, and so on. So ever since I loved to dress up and everything. Also growing up in a clothing factory everyday really affected my life. Being surrounded by pretty clothes all the time and growing up in that type of atmosphere really allowed me to know what I wanted since I was young. So up till now I am on my way working to become a fashion designer. It's good that since I was young I knew what I wanted because I have so many friends till this day who still don't know what they want to do with their life. They have no drive or passion for what they are studying for now most of their goals are to pass their classes, graduate, then figure their lives out. I guess I'm just that type of person where I need to know what my next step is going to be I have to have things planned out. But I do have to say I am pretty lazy sometimes so If I can pull off not thinking about it for one day I will. In the future I'm gonna try to dig up pictures from when I was younger, high school pics, and pictures from when I was in California and post them up. Kind of a flashback on my life kinda thing. I will probably be doing that while I update on my current life.

Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment